Are Physical Therapy Services Available to Your Loved One?March 26, 2019
Every year the Alzheimer’s Association compiles facts and figures highlighting the devastating effect of this terrible disease. They just released the 2019 version of the report. Here’s a snapshot of that content:
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease
- More than 16 million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias
- Caregivers provide an estimated 18.5 billion hours valued at nearly $234 billion
- In 2019, Alzheimer’s and other dementias will cost the nation $290 billion and by 2050, these costs could rise as high as $1.1 trillion
- Every 65 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s disease
- Between 2000 and 2017 deaths from heart disease have decreased 9% while deaths from Alzheimer’s disease have increased 145%
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or some other type of dementia
Science is working feverishly for a cure. In the meantime we’re here to help each other. That’s the best we can do.
Please remember to tell people about TheStressedOutCaregiver.com and our Facebook support group.
Talk to you soon.
P.S. The official “2019 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures” report/infographic can be found on the Alzheimer’s Association’s website at www.Alz.org/Facts