A resource for anyone caring for an elderly loved one.
TheStressedOutCaregiver.com was created by me, Casey Price. I am an elder law attorney from Haddonfield, New Jersey, and in that capacity I have been helping people deal with issues associated with aging since 2001. My goal is to help everyone caring for an elderly loved one - especially those who are overwhelmed by the situation. I have seen you before - maybe not you specifically - but people just like you with issues just like yours. I know what you are going through and understand exactly how difficult and confusing the caregiving process can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually a pretty straight forward process and if you have some knowledge on the subject and do a little bit of planning it can be much easier than you ever thought it could be.
At TheStressedOutCaregiver.com we share all sorts of tips and strategies to help you - the person caring for your elderly loved one - discover and better understand the issues that you might end up facing. Most days there is a piece of valuable content - usually in the form of a podcast episode but sometimes a written blog post and occasionally a video - meant to educate you on an elder care issue. Many episodes answer questions that other people caring for an elderly loved one have asked me. These are issues you are probably dealing with too.
- When your loved one needs Medicaid benefits you hope that their application will be approved quickly. But that isn’t always the case. In this episode I discuss how long it takes to get a Medicaid decision and some of the implications if the decision is delayed. Thanks for listening and […]
- “My aging parent or elderly loved one – someone who was always robust and did so much – can’t do what they used to.” I hear this all the time. People see it and they say it but they don’t always embrace it. We want to hang onto to the […]
- It’s hard to care for someone at a big event like a wedding or party. You want to make sure your loved one can attend the event but you don’t want to spend every moment attending to their needs. Fortunately, there’s a solution to accomplish both goals. Consider respite care […]
- Your loved one needs your help. They can’t do it alone. You, as their caregiver, only want the best for them. Care may be in place and you may be happy with the situation. You may feel like things are running well. Then, all of a sudden, something happens. It […]
- Death taxes confuse a lot of people. The reality is there are really two big death taxes that people need to know about – estate tax and inheritance tax (you also need to be aware of income tax but that’s not just a death tax and most people are intimately […]
- I had a client who was a long term resident in a nursing home. He met an aide there who turned into his guardian angel. She went above and beyond the call of duty as she cared for him. I am so grateful that he had her. Here’s a little […]