A resource for anyone caring for an elderly loved one.
TheStressedOutCaregiver.com was created by me, Casey Price. I am an elder law attorney from Haddonfield, New Jersey, and in that capacity I have been helping people deal with issues associated with aging since 2001. My goal is to help everyone caring for an elderly loved one - especially those who are overwhelmed by the situation. I have seen you before - maybe not you specifically - but people just like you with issues just like yours. I know what you are going through and understand exactly how difficult and confusing the caregiving process can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually a pretty straight forward process and if you have some knowledge on the subject and do a little bit of planning it can be much easier than you ever thought it could be.
At TheStressedOutCaregiver.com we share all sorts of tips and strategies to help you - the person caring for your elderly loved one - discover and better understand the issues that you might end up facing. Most days there is a piece of valuable content - usually in the form of a podcast episode but sometimes a written blog post and occasionally a video - meant to educate you on an elder care issue. Many episodes answer questions that other people caring for an elderly loved one have asked me. These are issues you are probably dealing with too.
- There are many myths associated with hospice care. One of them is that hospice will speed up the dying process. This just isn’t true. Listen to today’s episode to learn more about this myth and how hospice care could benefit your loved one and you. Remember, it never hurts to […]
- Hospice care is a wonderful benefit available to people towards the end of their life. It can greatly improve quality of life for the patient and their families. Unfortunately many people are unsure of hospice and how it can help to the point where they don’t look into it for […]
- Assisted living communities charge your loved one for the care the provide. There are two main ways that they determine how much to charge. One way is by determining the level of care your loved one needs on a daily basis and the other is by charging for each task […]
- What happens if your aging parent or elderly loved one becomes a fall risk while living at the assisted living community? What is the responsibility of the community? Will your loved one have to move out? This episode discusses this issue so you will be equipped to deal with this […]
088 – Why Might a Medicaid Beneficiary Be Preferred to Someone With Private Pay Funds in the Nursing Home?Most people think that you need money – private pay dollars – to be admitted to a nursing home. However, in some situations it’s actually preferred if you are out of money and Medicaid eligible. This means that if you are worried because your loved one needs nursing home care […]
- You’ve got to do something – and you do it – but it doesn’t feel right. You have a wave of regret because the results are so good that now you feel like you should have done it sooner. Try to give yourself a break. Taking action is hard. Taking […]