A resource for anyone caring for an elderly loved one.
TheStressedOutCaregiver.com was created by me, Casey Price. I am an elder law attorney from Haddonfield, New Jersey, and in that capacity I have been helping people deal with issues associated with aging since 2001. My goal is to help everyone caring for an elderly loved one - especially those who are overwhelmed by the situation. I have seen you before - maybe not you specifically - but people just like you with issues just like yours. I know what you are going through and understand exactly how difficult and confusing the caregiving process can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually a pretty straight forward process and if you have some knowledge on the subject and do a little bit of planning it can be much easier than you ever thought it could be.
At TheStressedOutCaregiver.com we share all sorts of tips and strategies to help you - the person caring for your elderly loved one - discover and better understand the issues that you might end up facing. Most days there is a piece of valuable content - usually in the form of a podcast episode but sometimes a written blog post and occasionally a video - meant to educate you on an elder care issue. Many episodes answer questions that other people caring for an elderly loved one have asked me. These are issues you are probably dealing with too.
- It’s really hard caring for an aging parent, spouse or elderly loved one. Everyone has an opinion about what’s right and what’s wrong. People think they know what’s best. It might be something they did for their loved one or just something they believe because they think it’s right. Here’s […]
- The best way to cure a bed sore is to prevent it from happening. What is a bed sore and how do you prevent it? If you can answer these questions it can go a long way towards helping your aging parent, spouse or elderly loved one maintain the highest […]
- When it comes to caring for your loved one there are a lot of opinions about what’s right. Each situations is different. What works in your specific situations depends on your loved one’s needs, wants and money. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks of your loved one’s care plan. […]
- What does it mean to sell your house? Most people think it means transferring ownership of your home to an unrelated buyer for fair market value received (i.e. when you list your home for sale with a realtor and try to get as much money as possible for it). Sometimes, […]
- There are a number of choices available when someone needs a lot of help to stay home. Two of them are a live in home health aide and 24-hour home health care. These two options sound the same but are very different. In today’s episode I discuss the difference between […]
131 – Don’t Expect the Same Level of Care in a Long Term Care Facility that Your Provided to Your Loved One (But You May be Surprised)Most people feel like they’re letting their loved one down if they have to transition into an assisted living or long term care community. They feel like they’ve failed them. But the reality in many situations is things get better. The quality of life for the aging parent, spouse or […]