A resource for anyone caring for an elderly loved one.
TheStressedOutCaregiver.com was created by me, Casey Price. I am an elder law attorney from Haddonfield, New Jersey, and in that capacity I have been helping people deal with issues associated with aging since 2001. My goal is to help everyone caring for an elderly loved one - especially those who are overwhelmed by the situation. I have seen you before - maybe not you specifically - but people just like you with issues just like yours. I know what you are going through and understand exactly how difficult and confusing the caregiving process can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually a pretty straight forward process and if you have some knowledge on the subject and do a little bit of planning it can be much easier than you ever thought it could be.
At TheStressedOutCaregiver.com we share all sorts of tips and strategies to help you - the person caring for your elderly loved one - discover and better understand the issues that you might end up facing. Most days there is a piece of valuable content - usually in the form of a podcast episode but sometimes a written blog post and occasionally a video - meant to educate you on an elder care issue. Many episodes answer questions that other people caring for an elderly loved one have asked me. These are issues you are probably dealing with too.
- How much does it cost to move into a long term care community? The answer depends on the community. Some have up front costs and others don’t. In today’s show I examine some of the up front costs at long term care communities including the concept of a “Buy In.” […]
- There are a number of ways to describe assisted living communities. Some people call them cruise ships that never leave the dock while others say they’re like being in a college dormitory. Either way there’s usually something there for everyone. But there are a few things to consider. In today’s […]
- Is your loved one happy or are they just going through the motions? Do they have anything to do or to look forward to? In this episode I discuss two very simple yet powerful questions that give great insight into your loved one’s quality of life. It’s most applicable to […]
149 – What’s the Difference Between Independent Senior Living Communities and Assisted Living Communities?There are many different levels of care available to people as they age. Two of the least well known are independent senior living communities and assisted living communities. However, these are two great options for people who want a community setting. These options fit the need for people who want […]
- You’re the caregiver for an aging parent, spouse or elderly loved one dealing with issues associated with aging. You’re learning what to do on the fly – and it isn’t easy. Along the way things will come up and the answer won’t be obvious. You’ll wonder to yourself if there’s […]
- When someone is in a rehab center or hospital their care plan needs to be adjusted. Care solutions need to be modified. You are ready to do whatever’s needed to help your loved one in that situation. You look to the elder care professionals helping your loved one for advice. […]