A resource for anyone caring for an elderly loved one.
TheStressedOutCaregiver.com was created by me, Casey Price. I am an elder law attorney from Haddonfield, New Jersey, and in that capacity I have been helping people deal with issues associated with aging since 2001. My goal is to help everyone caring for an elderly loved one - especially those who are overwhelmed by the situation. I have seen you before - maybe not you specifically - but people just like you with issues just like yours. I know what you are going through and understand exactly how difficult and confusing the caregiving process can be. But it doesn’t have to be that way. It’s actually a pretty straight forward process and if you have some knowledge on the subject and do a little bit of planning it can be much easier than you ever thought it could be.
At TheStressedOutCaregiver.com we share all sorts of tips and strategies to help you - the person caring for your elderly loved one - discover and better understand the issues that you might end up facing. Most days there is a piece of valuable content - usually in the form of a podcast episode but sometimes a written blog post and occasionally a video - meant to educate you on an elder care issue. Many episodes answer questions that other people caring for an elderly loved one have asked me. These are issues you are probably dealing with too.
082 – Does Medicaid Take Your Loved One’s House When They Move Into an Assisted Living or a Nursing Home?Does Medicaid take your loved one’s house when they move into an assisted living community or a nursing home? The answer is usually no. But that doesn’t mean you won’t have to sell it or work in some way to protect it. Listen to the podcast to learn more about […]
- You can bring extra help like a private duty aide or a professional caregiver to provide stimulation or companionship into an assisted living or nursing home t0 enhance the care for your loved one. In fact there could be times when you must bring extra help into a community in […]
- Many people think assisted living and nursing homes are the same thing – a place where their aging parent or elderly loved one can go to get help – but there is a big difference between them. They are different levels of care and meet different needs your loved one […]
- A lot of people think their aging parent or elderly loved one would never move into a memory support assisted living community. In fact, memory support assisted living communities are full of people who will never move there. If you have this thought you aren’t alone – it’s very common. […]
- A popular care option as our loved ones age is a continuing care retirement community. This is a living arrangement where someone can usually age in place without ever having to leave the community. It is especially helpful to spouses who have different care needs but want to be together […]
- If your aging parent or elderly loved one moves into an assisted living or nursing home you will be presented with an admission agreement. An admission agreement outlines all of the rights and responsibilities for both your loved one and the community. It’s very important that you review and understand […]